Gartner Lists SimpleCloud in Report on Enabling Remote Access in Higher Education
SimpleCloud offers an education platform for remote learning and digital content creation and management. Today, the company is announcing new functionality to this platform that allows classroom instruction to go remote in a matter of hours and maintain instruction continuity even with highly demanding applications like Autodesk, Adobe, Unity, and Unreal Engine just to name a few.
SimpleCloud is also recognized in Gartner “Enabling Remote Access to PC Labs in Higher Education,” by analysts Stuart Downes and Robert Yanckello (Date: 27 August 2020) which can be downloaded here.
* This graphic was published by Gartner, Inc. as part of a larger research document and should be evaluated in the context of the entire document. The Gartner document is available upon request from SimpleCloud.
Classes that require specific software suites or team collaboration in sectors such as design, animation, architecture, game development, engineering or research, can work with professors in virtual classrooms and labs, lowering health risks.
Only SimpleCloud provides a virtual classroom solution with unlimited graphic capacity in the cloud, allowing users to connect to powerful virtual desktops from anywhere. SimpleCloud virtual classrooms allow students to use any type of PC or browser and instructors can teach taking advantage of SimpleCloud’s classroom management feature to view the screens of over 50 students at a time and be able to assist them on the spot.
SimpleCloud Education has added more features to give teaching instructors more control over their classrooms and increased security, which include:
- Automated provisioning means zero-touch deployment
- Classroom scheduling capability
- View up to 50 simultaneous students’ remote screens with the ability to jump into a student’s desktop for review or assistance
- Ability to lock computers to ensure attention and focus, distribute documents and files, instant messaging, reboot or shutdown remote virtual desktops individually
- Launch programs and open websites on student computers
- Customized planning of resources, with high flexibility
- On-demand, high-performance computing services (rendering, simulation, builds…)
“Classrooms around the world are finding they need secure, remote desktops for students with complete control for the instructor to help ensure instruction continuity and the same level of engagement students get in-person,” said Olivier Wolff, CEO of SimpleCloud and a media and entertainment veteran most recently from Warner Bros. “SimpleCloud is truly changing the way schools can quickly keep their labs and classrooms operational, global and safely remote.”
In partnership with IBM, SimpleCloud recently brought the prestigious institution butic The New School into virtual learning as well as other institutions in the US, the UK and France, read more from the case study here. A short video explaining the key capabilities of SimpleCloud for Education can be viewed here.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.